Re: Greetings!!!

From: Norah Kiraly (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun May 11 1997 - 08:38:43 EDT

At 03:28 AM 5/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to the list, today is my first digest. I wanted to ask you guys a
>question, figuring you would know best. I am going to buy a 97 Dakota in a
>week or two, and I was thinking a Black sport, A/C, 2wd, AT, Power Group
><pdl,pw>, sliding rear window, and the V8...... Now my question is.... Should
>I go with the 1997's or wait for the 1998's??? i know I would not need
>anything more than 318 cubic inches, but I hear they are adding more power to
>it. Any suggestions? What is next years 318 going to be rated at???
>
>Thanks,
>BesameMcho
>Josh

Welcome to the list Josh,

You'll find this a most informative and fun list indeed. I can't speak for
anyone else, but it's been my rule, that whenever manufacturer changes the
design of a vehicle, I usually wait at least a year before I take the
plunge. I like to give them a year or two to work out any bugs or flaws
that seem to crop up whenever there's been a major design change. That's
just my personal opinion.

I was planning on trading my '95 in for a '97, as I tend to trade in every
couple of years, but I've decided to wait for the '98's or possibly even
keep it as I'm partial to the original design.

I can't answer your technical questions, but you've definitely come to the
right place for that. The rest of the guys on the list will answer all your
questions and then some. They've been extremely helpful for me and I
appreciate it very much.

Dakotas are my favorite vehicle and they are definitely a lot of fun.

Norah Kiraly