Re: DT header question

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun May 11 1997 - 19:18:45 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> << If things work out I plan on
> doing the headers, a high flow cat, and a Flowmaster 3" inlet and dual
> 2.5" out the rear (with big ole' chrome tips). My pulse is racing just
> thinking what all that will do. Should be a different truck since it
> will all be done at once... >>
>
> That should be a super setup and should give you a sizeable boost both on
> power and sound..

After reading all the exhaust discussions I was thinking that the
high-flow cat, and flowmaster might kill the bottom end a bit so I will
go with 2.5" pipes (instead of 3") to help out in that area. Then the
headers should add a chunk of torque to offset any that is lost with the
reduced backpressure, and help out on horses too. Does this sound
logical?

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB