Re: More power in the future...

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 08:53:57 EDT

> During the press coverage of this engine plant strike, it sounded
> as though Chrysler is planning a new line of engines. [BTW - no
> word that I've seen yet on whether the UAW has approved the labor
> settlement. UAW national is for, UAW local is against.] Does anyone
> know if the new engine plant will produce the same small block
> engines? Perhaps new lightweight castings from computer stress
> analysis? A whole new design ala Ford Modular (and GM's Corvette
> engine - which is a truck engine really) ??
>
> They may need a new engine design to meet '98 smog rules.

While this doesn't answer your question directly, this may help:
I've found that reading the Detroit News on the web is very helpful when
looking for info on the strike as well as just keeping an eye on The Big Three.

Here's the URL, it may have the info that you are seeking:

http://detnews.com/AUTOS/

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab,5.2L/5-spd,FIPK clone,Gibson cat-back