More power in the future...

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 12:58:26 EDT

During the press coverage of this engine plant strike, it sounded
as though Chrysler is planning a new line of engines. [BTW - no
word that I've seen yet on whether the UAW has approved the labor
settlement. UAW national is for, UAW local is against.] Does anyone
know if the new engine plant will produce the same small block
engines? Perhaps new lightweight castings from computer stress
analysis? A whole new design ala Ford Modular (and GM's Corvette
engine - which is a truck engine really) ??

They may need a new engine design to meet '98 smog rules.

Jim
-- The end of all our travels is to return to where we began and to truly
know the place. -- T. S. Eliot