FW: Black and paint. Was: Greetings!!!

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 19:26:00 EDT

> :) Yep, the salesman said something along those lines when I was
>ordering my truck... When black gets dirty, it looks pretty bad, but
>when its clean, there's nothing better. :)

Hey, y'all may think black is better, but personally, I think the
brilliant blue is the best color on the planet!! (it also shows dirt
and/or scratches, chips easily, but when clean, looks AWESOME!! also, at
night under streetlights, looks almost purple!)

>stone chips easier too. My Dak is only 5 months old and I've already
got
>about a half dozen to fix up.

Chips are a PITA! Esp. with the AT tires on the 4x4, it tends to throw
small rocks at the paint job! }8-0

> ARGH! Me too! Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of
>them? Also, would it help if I bought a bug/stone deflector? Any
>suggestions for a '96? Lund, perhaps?

Oh man, you haven't bought one yet?? IMHO, don't bother with the
aftermarket stuff, get a *MOPAR* bug shield !! I don't have the part
number offhand, but you can find it in the MP catalog under
accessories... or call Barrington Dodge "Dakota Country" to order it...
competitively priced with the aftermarket bug shields, but *LOOKS* like
it belongs on the Dak... you can see it on some of the more current pics
I uploaded to the Web page...

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!