Re: Black and paint. Was: Greetings!!!

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 15:09:46 EDT

At 12:42 PM 5/11/97 -0400, Sean Meldrum wrote:
>At 08:38 AM 5/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
[...]
>>i got the 97 V-6 in black.. you may want o rethink the color.. black
>>gets dirty very easily.. and i love my 97
>>
>Mine's black too and Stacy is right....it does get dirty easily....but,
>when it's clean *nothin* looks better than black. It does tend to show

Black, may be hard to keep clean, but it's easy to retouch. (black is black, outside of
flat, satin or glossy). I'm sure you red truck owners notice how wonderful red oxydizes
over time (bitch to color match). I've had no such troubles with my several year old car
and truck (both black). I'd rather wash it frequently, than not be able to spot repair it.

-Bob T.