RE: Re:Re:Re: Calibration of SBEC

From: Geiger,Roger (RGeiger@adp.uchc.edu)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 08:42:44 EDT

 ----
Bill you wrote :

<< To the best of my knowledge this option can only be performed at
 Huntsville and at the Motorola facility >>

I am no engineer or nothing either but I do believe you are mostly right. I
called every chip maker and programmer in the country to try to get my stock
SBEC reprogrammed just to raise the 5500 rev limiter but no one could do it.
All you had to do was tell them Mopar and it was all over. They said only
mopar can accomplish this without making a mess of it. I don't believ there
is anything of value that a dealer can do. They reprogram themselves by
driving them to your style of driving but that erases when the power is
dis-connected. I would be leary of a mechanic saying this also.

Bill

Does the power get cut off every time you turn off your truck ?