Octane

From: Rickey Bell (Rickeybell@Bigfoot.Com)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 22:34:20 EDT

I have found that 89 octane results in about 1.5 mpg increase over 93 on the highway on my truck. This is the only vehicle that that seems to be the case. Before I installed new plug wires and a tornado I was getting about 18.2 mpg on 89 octane and around the upper 16's on 93. I only try to use Amoco gas at the same station. I drive about 175 miles a day so I base those numbers off more then one fill-up. I am not going to say what my newest numbers are yet because the new mods haven't been in long enough to give reliable numbers. I will say this, I am not impressed as of yet!

Rickey B.
97 CC SLT + V-8 3.55SG K&N Taylor 8mm Wires Tornado
Gibson dual exhaust & Underdrive pulleys on order
Contemplating a TransGo shift kit $95.49.