Re: DT header question

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 12:40:14 EDT

----------
> From: Michael Clark <mike@snakebite.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: DT header question
> Date: Thursday, May 15, 1997 09:26 AM
>
> Sam Parthemer wrote:
>
> > First thing is that you MIGHT not need the high flow cat after
the
> > headers & exhaust... Plan on doing the cat last, as you might not want
> > to do it.
> > ..Sam '95 SLT
> >

> Why would I not want to do it after the headers and exhaust? Would
> there be not enough back pressure? Or would there be no performance
> increase? Would it really kill torque? I wanted to go ahead and do the
> cat since everything else from the heads to the bumper will be
> "performance" grade.
>
> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> 93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB
> V8 auto MP SBEC K&N FIPK

        The stock CAT. is actually a fair flowing cat...
unless of course it's plugged up. My truck has little
back pressure, and any less might kill the torque/hp
I have achieved so far. The nice thing about doing things
in stages is that you can see first hand what works, and
what doesn't. If you the complete setup in one step, you
will find an increase--- but you might have found that one
item in the 'system' was unnecessary, or hurt performance.

        Sam '95 SLT