Re: DAK, rims

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 13:29:16 EDT

About a week ago, John Walker and myself took my spare tire/wheel (15x8) and
put it on the front left position on his 93 4x2. The tire seemed to have
plenty of clearance. We turned the wheel all the way in each direction and
there was no rubbing what-so-ever. We didn't drive it, but we plan to put
the entire set of 15x8 with 235/70's on his truck in a few weeks to see how
the ride is affected. We did notice, of course, that the tire did stick out
a little more than the stock tires, but I personally liked the slightly more
aggressive stance. I will say that the wheel/tire looked damn good on the
pre-97 body. We are going to try to get some pictures of John's truck with
my wheels on it and post them on the DML page so you guys can see how they
look. I know that the 15x8 wheels list for $320 each at the dealership, but
I think John found a place that has take-offs for $550 for a set of four.
He'll have to tell you where he found them.

               Andy Callahan
      quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net
  '97, V8, CC, Sport, 3.55, 5-speed, 4x2
          Tire & Handling Package