Re: Gibson installed

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon May 19 1997 - 12:18:05 EDT

At 11:50 AM 5/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

<snip>

> According to my FSM, the muffler joints should be soaked in
>"heat valve lubricant". I've seen references (like above) to spray lube.
>Is that the same? When I hear "spray lube", I think WD-40, but I dunno
>if that's cut out to to this job. :) What an ugly mess. :P I wish
>I could afford a Borla stainless muffler. :) Well, I'm glad to hear
>that the Gibson installs so easily, anyway.
>
> So, what is "heat valve lubricant", and where can I get some? (Or is
>there something else that might work better?) Thanks!!
>
> -Jon-
>
> Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
> .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
> | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
> `---------------------------------------------------------------------'
> I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.

You can get Heat Riser Valve Lubricant from your Chrysler dealer. It's
great stuff. It was used on the older (pre-magnum) engines to free up the
heat riser valve which was in the exhust just below the manifold. I've had
it free stuck HR valves that I thought nothing could move.
Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria,
British Columbia