spark plugs with MSD -Reply

From: JERRY S DALTON (XGLT71A@prodigy.com)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 23:33:29 EDT

Rob what you heard about running a colder plug isn't all rumor. If
you still run a stock ignition system with colder plugs you do run a
chance of cold weather fouling. As far as carbon build up, come on
you drive the only factory pickup thats a real hotrod and I'm sure
you open it up enough to keep it clean. Anyway if you run a MSD
ignition, carbon and fouling won't happen with colder plugs unless
you have something else wrong. And as far as your pre-ignition pings,
I bet if you go one step colder in your plug selection it will be
gone. Remember what a hotter plug means, the tip of the plug doesn't
have as much porsilin to disapate the heat and that's when it will
ignite access fuel under hot engine temps.