Re: 92 dakota v6 oil gauge problem

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 22:31:37 EDT

Tim;

I'm going to be short here, 'cause I suspect the List is gettin' tired of
seein' my name come up.

If you do not have any lifters ticking and such it is more than likely that
your oil sending unit is bad (dirt, crud, etc. in it). A new sending unit
is probably around $10 at the auto parts (Borg-Warner replacement). Don't
know exactly where it is on the V6, but should be fairly easy to change.

You mention that you have no other problems other than the low reading oil
pressure gauge, that is what my solution is based on.

L. J. Morris

> Subject: 92 dakota v6 oil gauge problem
> Date: Wednesday, May 21, 1997 9:42 PM
>
> Hi everyone,