92 dakota v6 oil gauge problem

From: Tim and Maurina (tcandmd@sprintmail.com)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 21:42:17 EDT

Hi everyone,

I have a 92 Dodge Dakota v6 2wd with 37k miles.
I've had a problem with my oil pressure gauge
for a while now. The gauge usually reads
below the operating levels. Some mornings it
does read in the middle (as you'd expect).
But most of the time its just at or below the
lowest operating level.

What could be the problem? Is the gauge
just messed up? or could there be a problem
with the oil pump?

I just had my oil changed and no problems.
The oil pressure gauge seems to read lower
and I mean WAY low since I had the oil changed.
I checked the oil and its fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIF
-Tim