Brake Problem

From: Gary Brinck (gary@mercury.net)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 08:03:56 EDT

When I got my 97 SLT+ CC in February, the first time I used the brakes
with the radio off and fans low, I heard a scaping sound from the rear
wheels. Took it to dealer and in about 20 minutes they said I would be
getting new rear brakes and drums. The replacements (a week later)
completely cured the problem. The quickness of that decision makes me
think this may be a known problem of some sort. I checked the TSBs on
the NHTSA site but no brake problems are listed there.

Don't know if this is a common problem or not, but you guys and gals
with 97's might want to turn down the boombox a minute and listen to
your brakes, just to make sure!

--
Gary  (Florida)
<<Deep in the Ocala National Forest>>