'97 Owner Survey

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 08:34:18 EDT

Hi folks;

I have been trying to keep tabs in my local area on Owner satisfaction of
their '97 Dakota (and obviously monitoring this List).

I must confess, in reality, I am a Ford Executive (that was for WillTier),
anyway I have found that for a first model year vehicle it seems to be
virtually a trouble free vehicle from most (word of mouth) responses.

This encompasses Owners who have not owned a Dodge in a while, traded-in an
older Dak, and went from any car to Dak.

Sometime back someone posted that they would stay away from a first model
year, generally that is probably true, however in this case it seems to me
that Dodge had a very good product in the previous Daks and just took it to
the next level of quality/technology. My point is I have only talked to
one person that was dissatisfied with their purchase, I can not speak
directly for them, but I got the impression that if CC gave them a Viper
they would find a reason to be dissatisfied.

Of course there is always the missing rubber bumper, loose bolt, scratch in
the finish, but there doesn't seem to be anything that is showing-up in
every vehicle, try and say that about most Ferds (for WillTier) or
Chebbies. One thing that is evident if one has the 6" x 9" mirrors, the
first thing out of the Owner's mouth is be careful of the blind spot at the
mirrors, every Owner that has these, has brought this to light.

Lets have a round of applause for the *DESIGN TEAM* !!!!!!!!!! Also
relating to Sean's post yesterday about visiting the plant, does anyone
have a connection to suggest that someone a the Dodge Truck Plant should
think about monitoring this list. I do have a connection to a young
Engineer, but I'm not sure if he still works at the Truck Plant, I'll check
it out.

Just trying to start an interesting thread. 8^)

                           L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
                        !!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
           White/Driftwood/CC/4x4/5.2L/5spd/3.92SG/FIPK clone
                         soon to have "Edelbrock" cat-back