Re: Heavy Duty Cooling

From: rlr (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 09:58:09 EDT

> I have the Heavy Duty Cooling option in my 97 CC V8. It is actually
> THREE radiators - two full sized units with a small auxiliary unit
> sandwiched in between. The little one seems to cool the power steering
> fluid and the others handle engine and AT.

  I really want to hear more about this.

  Do you have air conditioning? Then the first radiator is actually
the A/C condensor.

  Do you have an automatic? Bet the little radiator is an auxiliary
for the A/T.

  The engine's radiator is obvious.

  Previous H/D Cooling packages included a power steering cooler,
but it was not located in the grille; it was installed in-line
with the P/S pump. Looks like a little black radiator within
the serpentine system. I wasn't absolutely sure my '95 had the
H/D cooling package until some kind person told me to look for
this, and sure enough there it was. Did this change for '97?

  Ron