Re: Magnum Performance Hotline?

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 20:19:14 EDT

At 05:57 PM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Mr. Sean Meldrum,
>
>Thank you for the information on the computer upgrade for my '97 Dakota.
>Just what does MPSBEC stand for. I assume it is the new computer.
>I was not aware there is a Magnum Performance Hotline. Is this number
>available to the public and if so, do you know what the number is? I will be
>looking forward to the availability from either JET, Hypertech or Mopar.

        MPSBEC - Mopar Performance Single Board Engine Controller (someone correct
me please if I'm wrong). I've got the hotline number on a post-it at work.
 I'll make sure to jot it down tomorrow. These guys do the same service as
the regular Performance hotline only they deal strictly with the Magnum
equipped trucks. Last time I called the guy I talked to wouldn't even give
me a date. I'll try to remember to give JET a call tomorrow. Last time I
called Hypertech the tech guy put me on the computer mailing list for
notification of the computer's release.

>I know you are correct concerning 87 octane fuel but I just can't bring
>myself
>to put it in. I already have the Flowmaster 3" cat/back daul exhaust and the
>K&N drop-in filter. Also have 255/70R15's (Cooper). Maybe I'll try the 89
>octane midgrade.

        I had the same problem when I got mine. Still can't go lower than the 89.
 How do you like the Flowmaster? Where did ya get it done? I'm also in
Sterling Heights. Hall and Hayes area. Did you use on of the single
in/dual out p/n's? If you want a better boost than the stock replacement
K&N try this: Edelbrock Signature Series 10" dia. air cleaner - p/n 1208.
Fill it with a K&N p/n e-1080 filter. Honest to goodness 10-15 hp boost
and the sound is killer. Maybe a few on the list can testify to the
results. 8^)
Wait till ya all see my latest creation......should be ready in a few
weeks......

>I'll be out of town for the Holiday weekend at the Great Lakes Naval Training
>
>Center north of Chicago. Hope everybody and a safe and pleasant Holiday.
>
> David R.

Sterling Heights, Michigan

        Have a good holiday. TTYL