4th gear with no O/D

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 04:58:39 EDT

Just playing around the other day without o/d on and I got to wondering:

I was doing 110mph and I don't know for sure but the rpms were in the
upper 4000 range at least. But I don't know what gear the tranny was
in. At that speed without o/d is it 3rd or 4th? Sorry if I sound
stupid asking this... I was wondering if I kept going would it shift
again. Yeah, I know, I know, I should have kept goin and then I would
have found out.....I chicken'd out, sue me... So at what speed does 3rd
and 4th kick in?

But man, with o/d locked out the sucker pulls! I was messin around with
a Tarus SHO tonight and I was tailing him around 75. I locked out o/d
and punched it and nearly sucked the guy out of his lane! I hit 105mph
in no time and the ferd was about 5 car lengths behind so I let off.
Guess he didn't want to race but who can blame him....

"Have you sucked up a Ferd, Lately..."

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB