Dies at idle

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 04:58:46 EDT

Seems like I've got a little problem lately with my Dak wanting to die
when I let off of the throttle like at a stop light or parking lots.
Only happens at very low speeds, when the truck finally comes to a
complete stop so does the engine. It starts fine when cold, but when
started again after it dies it starts normal and then the rpm needle
falls to about 100 - 200 rpm and the truck gives a little shake and then
dies. Sometimes the engine will almost die, but then recover and smooth
itself out. This has been occurring once in a while for about a year
and it has started to do it again (wet weather now, maybe that has
something to do with it). Other than this little thing the truck runs
perfectly.

I think I remember a thread a while back about the air idle speed motor
or some other thing that controls idle that was causing these type
symptoms. It could have been the speed sensor to. Anyway if anyone has
had these symptoms and have found what was causing it I'd like to know.
If it's something I can fix I'd rather do it myself than go through the
hassel of trying to get the dealer to. And of course as soon as I got
to the dealer the problem would go away...

Thanks for any help in advance...

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB