Louder Horns

From: MSeagondollar@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 11:32:43 EDT

OK - I'll try this for the first time, dive in and see if it works. When I get it sorted out y'all (Southern inflection to establish territory) will hear more from me, cuz I've got some opinions that are different than I have heard will watching this list (Great thing, dialectical discussions), but enuf soapbox.

For louder horns, I have a set of Sears air horns that resided in my Volvo 142 for 14 years (I sincerely hope the Dak lasts at least the 140K miles the Swede saw). I bought them originally for about $25. Don't think they've gone up much since then, if they are still available. I personally believe the best aspect of them was the metallic bells (the horn part of them, for those of you with no musical background) that give a better sound than plastic bells. (Think about it, why don't they make trumpets out of plastic, otherwise. High frequencies "ring better", or are not muted by the bell material, which explains why Tubas can get away with plastics.) FIAT spyders had the FIAMM steel bell air horns, if you can find them in junk yards. Mount the compressor on the battery tray, and the horns down below, using one of the bolts there, and another or your own installation. I think I had to make a jumper wire that went from the existing horn wire (removed from the bleater) to the compressor. Thirty minute i

nstallation.

I have had a Mercedes with an extremely low tire ignore/not hear me. Most everybody else gets whiplash trying to figure where the impending doom of a Freightliner is coming from. TTFN
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)