Re: Cruise Control

From: Bruce Bexte (bruceb@direct.ca)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 11:38:01 EDT

Arg12@aol.com wrote:

> My cruise control does the same thing. Sounds like the noise originates in
> the servo unit that controls the throttle in cruise mode. Let me know if the
> dealer can do anything about it. I haven't taken mine in, figured they would
> just say it is supposed to do that. Other than that, I absolutely love this
> truck. Thanks

Hi the noise you are hearing is the cruise control servo motor. This because they bolted
the dam thing to the fire wall,every time it modulates at all you hear it click.I took
mine off and put rubber washers on the bolts to try to isolate it from the fire wall.It
helped some but if you realy hunt you can still hear the clicking. Hope that helps,by
the way I too still love my Dak after 6200 miles. Bruce from Calgary