RE: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: Bob Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sat May 24 1997 - 12:16:02 EDT

From: WillTier@aol.com[SMTP:WillTier@aol.com]

Nope Nope Nope any V8 needs the SG to keep the RR tire from going bald in
2000 miles..

Having had positraction in an El Camino, I didn't like the fishtail action much when you
tried to take a right turn into a small traffic opening in the rain and then tried to boot it
to get ahead of the traffic from behind. (can be real busy correcting for fish tail).
Without SG you'll just spin one wheel til you back off enough til traction is gained.
With both wheels on rain/ice with suregrip you'll find your tail in the other lane.

I don't go off-road, but still maintain on a boat ramp both rear wheels could be in the
water. I'd rather 4WD (front wheels in dry) for both the boat ramp scenario and making
the rain soaked turn from above. So for my kinda driving, I prefer to avoid the downside
of SG for the known predicablilty of 4WD which can be turned on or off at will (not
like SG). If I did go off-road it might be a diff story for when you get into extremes.

-Bob T.