Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 12:12:29 EDT

All:

As most of you know, my '97 Dakota is in the body shop recovering from a
60 mph encounter with a 25lb turkey. The good news is that my insurance
company has coughed up the jing to get my truck fixed (minus the deductible, of
course). The bad news is that the body shop guy said that he can't get ahold
of the radiator for my truck.

He said that the supply of radiators for 97 Dakotas with manual transmissions
had dried up. The closest thing he can get is the radiator for the automatic
transmission Dakota.

He said that Chrysler plans to have more radiators ready in the second week of
June. Arrrghghghghgh!!!!!!

[slight pause]

I just got off the phone with the dealership that I bought the truck from.
They searched all of the dealerships in the U.S.: no manual radiators.
The parts counter chick said that automatic radiators are also just as hard to
find.

The Chrysler parts depot in Chicago is all out of radiators and shows them
as "backorder".

'97 owners: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DAMAGE YOUR RADIATOR!

I'll keep you updated on my progress. The bill for all damages came to $2263.
That's about $100 per pound of Turkey Pot Pie ala Dakota. :^) :^)

Does anyone know of an aftermarket source for Dakota radiators?

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab,5.2L/5-spd,FIPK clone,Gibson cat-back