Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 00:25:46 EDT

<< Having had positraction in an El Camino, I didn't like the fishtail action
much when you
 tried to take a right turn into a small traffic opening in the rain and then
tried to boot it
 to get ahead of the traffic from behind. (can be real busy correcting for
fish tail).
 Without SG you'll just spin one wheel til you back off enough til traction
is gained.
 With both wheels on rain/ice with suregrip you'll find your tail in the
other lane.

I can relate to that but if you understand what the SG is going to do it is
very easy to control it. Also the GM positraction just plain sucks, I have
had a couple or more and the are screwy and don't make sense at all. They
donot work until one wheel spins 100 rpm faster than the other (may be wrong
on exact RPM) and then they kick out at 18 MPH and do not work above that. GM
says it is for safety but how safe is one wheel spinning and then kicking the
other in, it is a sure fired side slide. I had a 88 Cheby pickup with posi
and every time I had to have the posi to pull my Travel Trailer out of a wet
site I would get one wheel spin, take back to dealer and he would jack up
rear hold one emergency brake and put it in gear and as soon as one wheel got
spinning a good clip the other would kick in. POOOOr Pooor set up and not
worth nothing but the Dakota SG works real well. Where your not raring on the
truck at all then your method would be fine for your needs but if your a hot
foot at all SG is a must.

Bill