RE: Muslecars, collectors items, and sales information

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 10:51:19 EDT

I'd have to agree with LJ. If one takes a close look at most new 'consumer cars', you quickly find vehicles that look strikingly similar across manufacturers brands. And not just the associated ones (Ferd/Mazda, GM/Saturn) et al. Even the new Corvette looks quite a bit like the Camaro / Firebird runs, it seems that there are no really distinct vehicle designs anymore, with the exception of CC. No one else has the balls to produce the Viper, the Prowler, a full size pickup that resembles an 18 wheeler, a compact (hardly) pickup with a V8 and more cab/box room than any other compact pickup on the market, for the same dollar. Functionality has also taken over, with 3 and 4 (Dodge again) door pickup trucks on or soon to hit the market, with a full-size box and 4WD. Try throwing your new fridge in the back of a mini-van and hauling it home.

        On a similar note, every time I have filled up at one of the local gas stations, the attendant has always commented on the look of my truck, and how they wanted to buy one. Female gas attendants too, so the pickup is no longer the domain of us men only. I get a fantastic amount of looks with my truck, it seems to turn heads everywhere I go. "I LOVE THIS TRUCK!"

Pat Buthmann

'97 Dak Sport CC, V8 5Spd 4x4, black, all black, and nothing but black!

Ya gotta remember the truck market has become the personal vehicle *mecca*
(sp) of the '90's. Instead of buying a no personality slush box car, you
can buy a truck and make it fit "you". Now with the Magnum motors you can
put a little snot in your tail pipe, at a relatively low cost. Sounds like
the ingredients of a *MUSCLE CAR" to me. The other thing CC has going for
it are its Engineers, try to take the air box off of a Ferd or Cheby and
put on an FIPK .... hahahahaha!

This could become an interesting thread, anybody have any input?

BTW folks, cleaned and detail the Dak this past weekend, had it out runnin'
to some jobs and errands yesterday, every time I drove past someone waiting
to pullout onto the road, they about broke their necks gettin' a good look
... including those Ferd and Cheby owners. Man this truck is great.
Gotta get a louder exhaust though.

TTYL

                           L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
                        !!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
           White/Driftwood/CC/4x4/5.2L/5spd/3.92SG/FIPK clone