New User

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 15:40:23 EDT

Hello fellow truck lovers.
I joined your beloved list because I plan on making my largest $ vehicle
purchase to date. Here's the lowdown on the make, model & options.

1997 Dakota Sport(2WD Reg Cab)
Exterior Colour(Canadian Spelling): Emerald Green Pearl
Seats: Cloth Bench 40/20/40
Engine:5.2L V8
Trans 4SPD - AUTO ???????

Optional Equipment
==================

Quick Order Package 26B
Package Heavy Duty Service
Floor Mats
Trans 4SPD - AUTO ???????
Engine 5.2L V8
Window Rear Sliding
Air Conditioning
Fog Lamps
Tires P235/75R - 15 OWL

As you may have noticed, I cannot make up my mind as to a AUTO or 5SPD
trans. I've read related postings in your archive and seem to be swaying
for the stick now. The 4.01 1ST gear coupled with the 3.90 rear sounds
scary in wet weather conditions. Any insight or comments relating to my
purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Terry