Re: New User

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:28:00 EDT

<< As you may have noticed, I cannot make up my mind as to a AUTO or 5SPD
 trans. I've read related postings in your archive and seem to be swaying
 for the stick now. The 4.01 1ST gear coupled with the 3.90 rear sounds
 scary in wet weather conditions. Any insight or comments relating to my
 purchase would be greatly appreciated.

 Terry >>

Sounds like a nice truck. Now there has been a lot of talk about the 5 sp vs
the auto. I have the auto and am pleased with it but the 4.01 first in the 5
speed could be very handy for hooking lawn mowers to the truck and the mowing
in comfort, John Morris can help you out on how to operate the truck from the
bed through the rear window with reins attached to the steering wheel But if
you have a mower then I'd go with the automatic, much easier to each and
drive...

Bill