Re: Bed Protection

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 09:03:05 EDT

> I too went with the mat instead of the liner. I feel it offers the
> protection I need plus it really keep things from sliding around unlike in
> a full liner. A couple of things to watch for in a Tonneau cover, avoid
> the snaps as they can be a real bitch to get those last few snapped and
> also watch what kind of frame it uses. Look for a cover that can roll up
> out of the way and allow FULL bed access. The one I have now has a frame
> across the back which is a real pain to work around. I'm going to replace
> my current one, a Lund with snaps, with an Access, by Agri-Cover, roll-up
> model just avoid these problems. The Access uses only side frames with
> hook and loop. The Lund came with the truck as a dealer option and I see
> they are now using the Access as their option.
>
> Keith R Wanderi keith.wanderi@fsg.deluxe.com
> 1997 SLT CC 4x4 V6 Auto
> K&N FIPK, Gibson Cat-Back

I agree that a full liner allows stuff to slide a little too much, but
that's why you tie stuff down. The upside is they protect a bed extremely
well, got an '86 Dodge that's had a liner in it since it was new, I live
on a farm and as such everything you can imagine has been hauled in it
yet, I looked under the liner the other day and the bed still looks brand
new. Also if you get a camper, watch the fit of the rear glass hatch when
it is closed, if you don't it will rub off about an inch high strip of
paint across the lip of the tailgate. (Speaking of which guys, will
touch-up paint fix a problem that big or do I need to go ahead and
repaint.)