RE: Bed Protection

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 11:14:47 EDT

I've got the Mopar under-rail bed liner in my truck, after much debate comparing it to the spray in bed-liner jobs. Two things came to mind regarding the spray-ins, one being price (I didn't have the extra $500 bones at the time), I got the bed-liner for just over $200. (All prices Cdn$). Second being numerous reports of shoddy work by some of the spray in people, namely over spray and poly-urethane coatings all over the back and top of the cab. The spray in people offer to polish them out, but at the cost of a layer of paint. Everyone I've talked to has had overspray on their trucks as a result of spray in bedliners. The other knock on bed-liners is the scratching they do (Mine is form-fitted, so it doesn't really move) and getting water trapped underneath and settling. I expect to remove mine every 6 months to wash, dry and wax the box just to keep it protected. I've also oiled the box to prevent water from being trapped underneath. Since I've saved $300 bones, I can't complain about the results so far.

Pat Buthmann