Re: New User

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 06:13:34 EDT

> Sounds like a nice truck. Now there has been a lot of talk about the 5 sp vs
> the auto. I have the auto and am pleased with it but the 4.01 first in the 5
> speed could be very handy for hooking lawn mowers to the truck and the mowing
> in comfort, John Morris can help you out on how to operate the truck from the
> bed through the rear window with reins attached to the steering wheel But if
> you have a mower then I'd go with the automatic, much easier to each and
> drive...
>
> Bill

Careful now, sounds like some of our new dak
owners are having problems with their auto's.
Shift indicator and sloppy shifting.
I just test drove a 97 the other day with the
auto and 3.90 rear gears, I did'nt like it at
all. It seemed ok a WOT, but anything less was
annoying. The salesman acted like this was normal
on all the auto's. Does the shift kit take care
of this problem??? If so I would want it
installed before I bought it to make sure.

Alan...