'97 Auto Shift Problems (Attn: Tom McCabe)

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 11:51:21 EDT

Tom,

I suspected taking the Dak to the Dealer to adjust the transmission would
turn out to be a nightmare. I figured I might as well pay a competent
tech a fair price to do it right the first time. Cheaper in the long run.

I "think" the erratic shift has to do with the logic in the electronic
valvebody.
There is probably little a dealer can do with it. You're going to have to go
aftermarket to fix it.

I will try to find out if there is any difference in the parts used on my '97
and what would be used on a '96. I'll get all the part numbers I can.
Won't get the truck back until Wednesday. I'll post the results as soon
as I get to drive it a few miles. As to "heavy duty" or Street/Strip? I am
going to go with what the mechanic recommends for my type of driving.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan