RE: Idea for the web site

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 12:55:41 EDT

Actually Jon, one of the coolest trucks I've ever owned had a 5.0 Mustang engine dropped straight into it. I was an '84 Ford Ranger pickup, no extended cab, and the fan for the rad had to be mounted on the front of the rad and blew air back through in order to fit the engine in. It was probably the fastest street truck I have ever seen, though it's hard to say how it would compare to the Dak's. I believe it to be a bit faster than the Dak's given the difference in size and weight between compact-pickup and mid-size. Of course, the completely non-factory modified to the nuts kind of vehicles are always going to exist, I'm sure if someone wanted to drop a Honda VTEC Racing engine (700 Bhp at last count) four banger into their Prelude, it would probably kick at lot of ass around town too. On the other hand, a 360 would fit nicely into the engine bay of a Dak, and there's lots of potential for us to modify that engine to easily exceed 500 horses.

Pat Buthmann
  P.S.S. While I'm on the topic of Mustangs, I saw an old Ford Ranger
          this Sunday whos owner had stuck "5.0" bits from a mustang on the
          sides. Funny stuff; I think it must have been a v6 or possibly
          a 4. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to call his bluff. :)