Re: Some questions about my truck?

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 17:18:19 EDT

----------
> From: JT McBride <James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Some questions about my truck?
> Date: Tuesday, June 03, 1997 01:19 PM
>
> Ryan posts:
> >I have a 97 CC, SLT+, 5.2, 5 spd, 4x2. There are a couple things I am
> >"concerned" about. First and foremost, My tuck idles pretty rough. I
> >Dakota has a slight "shake" it is with the timing of the engine and as
> >soon as I rev the engine, it goes away. Is this a common thing or
>
> Your engine is clearly missing on at least one cylinder. Take it back to
> the dealer. Chances are pretty good it's just a loose plug wire, but
> since you're still under warranty, let them worry about it. Keep it
> mind for the future though -- you'll know when it's time for new plugs,
> cap, rotor, and wires when the time comes (40-50K miles).

        Well, that might necessarily be the case... I have the same
shake (I think) that you are experiencing at idle... About every 4-5
seconds I get it... Idle up a tad, and it clears up... Definitely have it
checked out to be sure... But I would say that it probably is a normal
'magnum' trait. My friend with a Saturn (smooth engine 4 cyl) rode
with me a month ago, and while in the local drive thru (Robertos!!--
James you know what I mean!!)...He mentioned that the truck had
a weird idle/shake... I would guess as compared to a sewing
machine, everything has a bad idle!!

        ..Sam '95 SLT