Re: Mileage issues..

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 19:28:30 EDT

> Bruce:
>
> Exactly my concerns. The fellow that owns this car is a mechanic and we
> all know how mechanics look after their cars! According to a few friends
> who drove these things when 1939's were just cars, the 3 speed on the
> column was just new, linkage was a perpetual problem and chev (buick?)
> didn't get the 3 speed linkage right until the '50s.
>
> Fluid levels are ok. It's amazing how much better it runs on fresh gas.
> It's a small local parade, so even if the car dies, it's no big deal. Our
> float (which we are towing) is home-made and it's all for fun. Since the
> wipers don't work on the car and if it's raining (in the forcast), I'll tow
> the float with my Dakota.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

No problem rob, I hope you have fun, sounds like more fun than what I have
planned (Going to a cousin's graduation). Maybe you'll get lucky and it
will rain, I'm sure you'll have more fun towing with the truck, and I'm
sure people will like seeing it as much if not more than the '39. Enjoy
the parade-
Bruce