RE: Mileage issues..

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 03:39:36 EDT

About the top speed I've seen in a car was 155 MPH coming back from Calgary to Red Deer, Alberta, about a 90 mile trip. Mostly straight hi-way, caught it on a good day without too much traffic. Used to work for a car-dealership (lot boy in high school). Had to pick up an '86 Vette from Calgary and deliver it to the dealership in Red Deer. The sales mgr gave me the ok to wind it out twice on the way back, but that was it. Hell, I just wound it out once for the whole trip back! I'm driving, one of my co-workers in the passenger seat holding up the license plate as we pass people. Damn plastic cars, won't hold a magnetic license plate. Passed a cop on the way through, sitting on the side of the road. He flicked on his lights, started to pull out, turned off the lights and pulled back into his hiding spot. Guess he didn't figure he'd catch us anytime soon.

Pat Buthmann

P.S. Fastest speed ever was on a motorbike (Kawasaki 1300), about 187 MPH (300+KMH). Not an event I'd care to repeat anytime soon.