Re: Mileage issues..

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 12:09:42 EDT

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC7088.2A103660
>
> About the top speed I've seen in a car was 155 MPH coming back from =
> Calgary to Red Deer, Alberta, about a 90 mile trip. Mostly straight =
> hi-way, caught it on a good day without too much traffic. Used to work =
> for a car-dealership (lot boy in high school). Had to pick up an '86 =
> Vette from Calgary and deliver it to the dealership in Red Deer. The =
> sales mgr gave me the ok to wind it out twice on the way back, but that =
> was it. Hell, I just wound it out once for the whole trip back! I'm =
> driving, one of my co-workers in the passenger seat holding up the =
> license plate as we pass people. Damn plastic cars, won't hold a =
> magnetic license plate. Passed a cop on the way through, sitting on the =
> side of the road. He flicked on his lights, started to pull out, turned =
> off the lights and pulled back into his hiding spot. Guess he didn't =
> figure he'd catch us anytime soon.
>
> Pat Buthmann
>
> P.S. Fastest speed ever was on a motorbike (Kawasaki 1300), about 187 =
> MPH (300+KMH). Not an event I'd care to repeat anytime soon.

That's pretty cool, to be going so fast the cops won't even attempt to
pull you over, gotta love that. So was the Vette wide open at that speed
or did she still have a little left. I could understand why you wouldn't
want to repeat the bike, that thing had to be pretty hairy to control at
that speed. Personally I would never drive a bike over a 100 I mean in a
car or truck you might possibly survive if something went wrong but on a
bike at those speeds you're just history if something goes wrong. Would
love to try a Viper or Ferrarri at those speeds though.

Bruce