RE: Bed Protection

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 03:29:30 EDT

Basically, it comes down to two things. Preference, and price. I prefer the spray in deals, but at twice the price of a factory box-liner, combined with over-spray I passed on that route. I do tend to haul a fair amount of sporting equipment around (summer baseball, winter hockey) for an entire team, which usually gets thrown over the rail and basically 'dropped' into the box. The box-liner does absorb most of the impact, and I've yet to dent anything on the truck. The box-liner works for me, I haven't seen any rubber rugs/mats, so I'm unfamiliar with them. If you take care of it, I don't think there is anything wrong with a boxliner.

Pat Buthmann