Re: Gears

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 11:43:09 EDT

----------
> From: Robert F Weingart <rweingart@attmail.com>
> To: WillTier@aol.com; dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: RE: Gears
> Date: Wednesday, June 04, 1997 07:44 AM
>
> << Here is my oportunity to sell that bridge..
>
> 3.55 means that the rear axles will turn 3.55 times per one turn of the
drive
> shaft, I tink. and the 3.90 will be 3.9 times per turn of the drive
shaft.
> Any how the higher the number the lower the gear ratio thus a 3.90 would
have
> more pulling power than the 3.55. I have the 3.90 with Sure Grip Dif
(posi
> traction) and Auto and would go no other way. With the 5 speed and their
low
> 4.01 first gear the 3.9 may not be as useful ?? My experience is that if
you

        Huh? I have 3.90 gearing, and 5 speed. First gear is pretty useful. It
depends what you want it for! :P With my limited experience of drag
racing
(12 runs total todate), I have pulled every 'equal' car that I
raced...through 2nd
gear. 1st is great for towing too... Nothing like pulling away with barely
any
work on the engines part, and then accelerating through the gears..

        Sam '95 SLT