Re: Speaker upgrade

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 13:07:20 EDT

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 20:17:28 -0500, you wrote:

>I know this is getting as little off topic but since the dakota reg cab
>has limited space I was wandering if anybody knows anything about free
>air sub-woofers. They claim they do not need a box, What I'm looking at
>right now is POWER ACUSTIK WOOFERS. It would allow the use of bigger
>speaker in the dak but this is the first time I heard of these. Does
>anybody know if the sound quality is as good and the bass response?,
>would they be worth the investment?. They say 100oz mag circuit, 2" hi
>temp voice coil, free air design

Steve,

        Do you have a Club Cab or a standard cab? Check out JL Audio's
Micro subs. Although high-end, (read not cheap) they sound incredible!
Not much bigger than a breadbox and oh what a sound! They have a web
site, I think it's www.jlaudio.com

        Steve (System in planning, installer is Soundwerks, Phx. AZ)

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow
Trails: Crown King, Box Canyon, BullDog Canyon