Re: 98 Dak "ordered"

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 22:18:36 EDT

> Phil, Scott, and Bruce,
>
> Thanks for your replys.
>
> I heard from more than one source that the factory isn't taking anymore
> orders for 97's. The strike has them backlogged.
>
> In our area, 4x4 CC's are in short supply on the dealer's lots. The
> strike may have had something to do with that too. There are plenty of
> 4x2's, and standard cabs to be had at invoice here.
>
> V6 or V8, for my needs, either would have been fine. I don't need to do
> heavy hauling, or trailer towing etc so that I'd have to have an
> eight. If I saw a V8 on the lot that I liked otherwise, I would have
> snapped it up.
>
> Why do you guys like the 318? Has there been problems with the V6?
> At this point, I can still change my order.
>
> tnx,
>
> Dwight

There's nothing wrong with the V6 that I know of, I just like the extra
power of a V8, I've been around full-size trucks with huge V-8's all my
life, and I just don't think I could drop down to a V6 at this point, I'm
just to used to that V8 power, what I love best is how they sound, man you
can't beat the sound of a properly tuned, dual-exhausted V8. More Power,
More Power.

Bruce