Why I chose the V8

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 23:10:06 EDT

Dwight Campbell wrote:
><big snip>
> Why do you guys like the 318? Has there been problems with the V6?
> At this point, I can still change my order.

Well, I believe in being honest, so here goes....

I was going to buy a Ford Ranger with the 4.0 V6. I've been primarily
a Ford person for the past 5 years, having owned a 1992 Escort GT (great
Mazda 16V engine) and most recently a 1994 Taurus SHO (very very
excellent
Yamaha 24V V6 - if I could have traded it sans motor I would have in
a hearbeat!). So I looked into buying a Ranger this time around because
I need a truck.

The problem (and solution) is that the V8 powered Dakota summoned
me and sold me. To make a long story short: power, power, and
more power. I got the towing package and everything so I can
tow around my 1967 Charger that I'm restoring. The Ford V6
(and the Dodge 3.9 as well) couldn't beat the magnum V8 in
towing prowess.

Again, to make a long story short, I just like the extra power
of the V8. Not only in towing situations (which don't occur
every day) but in traffic as well when you need that extra
acceleration. The V8 has alot of potential too.

Just think....you could get the 5.9L ;-)

--
Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.
work - ephy@ngccorp.com (M-F 8-5)