Re: plug wires...

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 21:16:44 EDT

At 04:53 PM 6/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm not all that smart when it comes to fixing up. But I know how to
change plugs, cap, rotor, oil and crap like that. And a friend of mine is
a BIG mopar guy. He races and all that good stuff and he told me to get
Accel plug wires. Do you guys think their the best to use just for an
ordinary driving around town hotroding? I have the 318 with a 5spd. And
if they are the best or something else is better, is there anyone on here I
can order them from? because I went looking for the accel wires here in
town, and found one shop said they could order them. The next said they
don't make them for that little truck(see if I go back there, other to put
a notch in my steering wheel 8), and all the others didn't care them.
basicly I just wanna know what is the best bang for the buck. I really
don't want to spend over 50 bucks for plug wires...

>______________________________
>Travis Lytle trav@netusa1.net

Hey Travis....you should check out http://www.racenet.net/dodge.htm.
Internet Racers Supply. The Taylor 8mm come as a custom set. I've heard
good and bad about ACCEL. When I was doin' my research I came up with
Moroso Blue Max as what I thought would be the best choice. Plus if
they're good enough for NASCAR they're good enuf fer me.

If yer not lookin' at upgradin' the ignition and/or coil, and yer current
wires are still in good shape you really won't gain anything from new wires
alone. If you *do* need new wires then you might as well upgrade at the
same time. My suggestion would me MSD wire (can get pricey) or the Moroso's.

  sean meldrum