92 v6 dakota club cab milage, 5spd, air

From: Groce, Earl (earl@conf-recruiters.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 20:56:53 EDT

I just joined your group a couple of weeks ago and have already
learned a bunch. Most of you are suicidal speed freeks with a dakota
fettish. sounds like my kind of group.

I just drove my dakota 160 miles on the interstate at 60-70 mph.
Milage was 22.8. recently the milage for just messing around on two
tanks. short drives to the store etc was just under 20, about 19.7.

its a 92 v6, 5spd, air, cruise, club cab, 89k. Is this about what
other people are getting. Personally im pleased.

 just bought the truck a month ago and other than it running rough
some times when i first crank it im totally satisfied. when it cranks
rough, i cut it off and recrank it. ocassionally i have to do this as
many as 4 times. most of the time it does not do this at all. Im
going to replace the cold water temp detector and see if that fixes
it. Its been suggested that i may have a worn distributer shaft also.
With these simptoms i cant believe its the shaft. any other thoughs
please let me know.

The reason, i bought a V6 is (other than it was the best bargain I
found), It has more power than most trucks i have ever driven. I
recently towed a 2300 lb car on a car dolley through the mountains of
NC and TN with my sons v6 5spd 89 Dakota sport. I had no problem..
this truck will run circles around his. Its got enough power to pull
ANY thing that needs to be pulled with a truck this size. Im nuts
about the club cab, 6 passengers if you need to.
Im not into speed as much as i was 30 years ago. By the way the
fastest i ever drove was in my brothers 1962 R-2 supercharged, 4spd
Studebaker hawk. My two buddies and I went by the Davie County, NC
shiriffs house late one night in 1966 at 129 on hwy 601. Before a
studebaker freak emails me and says that a 1962 could not have been a
R-2, it came out of a 1964 supercharged lark.. If you want something
truely fast, get your self an R-3 supercharged Avanti. They would do a
true 150 in 1964, factory stock, with only 304 cubic inches and a
paxton supercharger.
Has anyone supercharged or turbocharged a 318 dakota. With fuel
injection, it should be a piece of cake. that same basic supercharger
is still being built but under a different name. I seen them on some
HIGH dollar mousetangs.

Seriously, for a 2wd, a v6 is a very, very adequate, engine for all
but the fiercest of heart.

one other question, point. I'll bet that todays 318 magnum whose
power is rated in net hp has more actual power than the 275hp, 273
(gross hp) someone was talking about. Except the 2783 will probably
rev 6500 without the computer cutting it off.

5spd,v6,air, cruise, tilt, metalic dark blue with gold insert, factory
bed liner
earl@conf-recruiters.com