Re: Observational Information

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 15:35:49 EDT

At 10:09 AM 6/7/97 -0400, L. J. Morris wrote:
>Hey folks;
>
>I see in the last couple of evening that there has been reference to
>repeated messages, I personally really don't mind these, however I have a
>suggestion.
>
>If I have a question and do not know who or who didn't post anything
>relating to that question, I will take the effort to go to the archives and
>punch in the key words of my question, browse the results, if I don't find
>the information I am looking for, I then go to the list. This may help.

   Yep, that's the same thing I do. Seems to work pretty well. You
might not get all the information you're after, but then you can tailor
your post to find out the missing pieces, rather than starting from
square 1.

>Put it in your often accessed folder, and refer to it when needed. I have
>been educated quite a bit from searching the archives. Mr. Steiger has
>made it very simple with the search engine, many thanks go out to his
>continued effort.

   Thanks. :)

   BTW: I don't know if I told you guys or not, but I just bought a new
hard drive and installed it in the server here, just for my stuff.
That'll allow the Dakota page, archives, etc. to grow pretty large before
it presents any kind of problem. :)

    Just so you all know, I am still working on the "kill page" (anyone
have a good name for it?). I haven't done any actual HTML yet, I'm still
trying to work out the best design, layout, etc... I thought it might
have been able to be automated, but it looks like I'll have to add them
manually. That isn't too bad, but I have to figure out how to do it so
that its a simple, quick process.

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
     I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.