Re: Wax was: Fastest Dakota

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 08:42:34 EDT

On Sat, 07 Jun 1997 14:47:20 -0400, you wrote:

> Anyway, I'd like to avoid getting the swirls in there in the first
>place, as opposed to trying to fix them. Is this even possible? Just
>something us black owners have to live with?

Go to http://www.meguiars.com/mm-bin/genobject/homepage and check
their tips and FAQ on waxing/washing. I hand wax and have never had a
problem with swirl marks. Meguire's polish will remove swirls really
easily. Watch thier web site, it is really bandwidth demanding.

> My guess would be that the secret is to use sponges, towels, etc. that
>are as soft as possible?

I use 100% Terry cloth towels for removing wax, and a chamois for
drying. Make sure your chamois is wet before you use it, as dry it
will scratch the hell out of your truck. I also use 100% terry cloth
pads to apply wax/polish. Checker Auto carries them, and so do Pep
Boys.

The paint is not the problem, the clear-coat is.It is very delicate
and does not take much to scratch it....

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow