Re: 97 Daks and CB radios

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 11:45:55 EDT

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997 18:03:58 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>I installed a radio shack cb that I am really fond of, it has your upper and
>lower side bands and you can take it to any cb shop and get a lot more than
>the 4 watt maximum limit added for under $75.00. I have a 4x4 but was still
>able to mount it just above the shifter and just left of the ash tray looks
>very good and not in the way.

I have a stick, about the only place is under the dash on the
passenger side, or a compact model with the controls on the mike,
under the drivers seat.

>As for the whips, i put mounted them on the
>toolbox but be sure to use rubber washers if it a metal toolbox, i went with
>51/2' whips and have reached out over fifty miles here in columbus, great
>distances for a cb.

That would work if I had a tool box. I am still undecided. I think
that the antenna is going to be the biggest pain in the butt. Hey
Russ! Is there any thing out there that will clamp to the rear bumper?
Something like the deal I saw on a Jeep TJ. I could go for a really
large antenna and only put it on when I need it.

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow