Re: 97 Dakota's First Service.

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 21:06:31 EDT

<< This flaw is not very
 big, but it bugs me every time I wash or wax my truck. Is he just BSing
 me about not messing with factory paint or should I just live with it. >>

I would do a little research and see what a body shop or 2 has to say. I had
a 88 Cheby that had a spot on the hood about the size of a quater that looked
like it didn't get clear coated. You had to look for it but it bugged me
every time I wash the truck. I took it back and they destroyed it. They
painted the hood and the paint didn't match the fenders so they painted the
tops of the fenders so it wouldn't be so noticeable, what a mess. I would
have to really thinks about 3 times before jumping into them fixing it. If a
reputable body shop says they can match it up and make it look like factory
then consider it but prceed with caution..

My 2 cents

Bill