Re: Dodge Service SUCKS (Long story)

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jun 08 1997 - 11:57:40 EDT

At 09:36 PM 6/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Steve Lowe wrote:
>>
>> Greetings listers,
>>
>> Took my Dak in for service today. Took it to Earnhart's in
>> Arizona, they are supposed to be the largest Dodge dealer in the
>> country, and supposedly the best too. Went in to get the following
>> fixed...
                        <snip>
>> There was no-charge for any of this ( Believe that? Like I
>> would pay for someone to @#*&*& my truck up ) all covered under
>> warranty. Got the service writer. Try to keep cool, before I went
>> postal on everyone in sight. Pointed out to Bozo and his boss the
>> screw-ups. Solution,steam clean the engine. Big deal. I was still
>> pissed and made another appointment on the 21st to get the rest of it
>> cleared up. I really hate Dodge service, where's my shotgun...
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> 97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
>> Gibson Cat-Back...

>> Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow
>Glad to see that I'm not the only one Earnhardt's screws up on. Took
>them 2 yrs to find a problem in my 94 Dak. They had my truck so much
>that I made them make one of the monthly payments. I've got some things
>that need attention but I can't be without my truck for a week as they
>never seem to want to fit me in the schedule.
>Jay

I can sympathise (sp?) with you guys completely. I went 'round & 'round
with my dealer and my leaky heater core fiasco. It just always seems that
they can't just *fix* something the first time. They have to screw with
everything else but what the problem is and once all other options are
exhuasted they finally fix what you told 'em was wrong in the first place.

To be honest, I expected problems. Everyone I've known in the last 5 years
that has purchased a new vehicle has had warranty problems. And it's
always been a PITA. Can't wait for the warranty to run out so I can
*really* start workin' on this truck.

Oh, Jay.......with a history of problems like I'm interpreting from above
you may want to look into your state's Lemon Law structure. Here in
Michigan if a vehicle is in 4 times for the same problem without success or
if the vehicle is off the road for repair for the 30 days for the same
problem you qualify for Lemon Law proceedings. My heater core took 5 times
to repair. I called the Chrysler hotline and filed a complaint when it was
in the 4th time. The 5 time in was immediately after I picked it up from
the 4th visit. Two miles down the road I got a foot bath of coolant. If I
had started proceedings right there I probably would have had the truck
bought back. But by taking it back in and actually getting it fixed
finally I sort of "disqualified" myself. What you *can* do is call the
hotline number (sorry I don't have it handy). Ask what dealers in your
area, if any, have Chrysler's 5 star rating. From the sounds of it
Earnhardt's might. If this is the case call and file a complaint and
mention the Lemon Law. You would not believe how that gets 'em goin'.

Good luck guys.........I've been there.

  sean meldrum