Re: Evs II Security System

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 09:27:05 EDT

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC7524.69F0EA40
>
> I haven't picked one up, though I have done some serious searching of =
> alarm systems recently. The EVS II alarm system from CC is the exact =
> same as the Directed Electronics Inc Effective Vehicle Security (EVS, =
> <GRIN>, smart, ain't i) that is available retail. All the modules you =
> want, you can get from various autoparts and stereo shop retailers =
> around town, possible for less than CC. The good thing about the EVS II =
> is customization, you can pretty much make it do what you want. =
> However, each little bit costs a fair dollar, so you can spend a lot for =
> little pieces of an alarm system. To be honest, most people never pay =
> any attention to the siren anyway, starter kill is about the most =
> effective way of preventing theft. Other than perhaps, a large dog in =
> the cab. I actually am waiting for the alarm system from Robocop to be =
> available. Then, when some dumb SOB decides to jump into my Dak to =
> steal it, it'll fry his a$$ to a crisp. That's Effective Vehicle =
> Security.
>
> Pat
I agree, that's what they deserve for trying to steal our babies. But
hope they don't automatically arm themselves, someone was talking about
how the EVS automatically arms itself, and how irritating it is if your
listening to radio then decide to get out, I think the Robocop would be
more than irritating if it did this. Talk about a wake up call, if you
come in late and it did that. :)

Bruce